Food Process & Production
Managing all processes along the production line to ensure smooth product manufacturing.
Job characteristics and introduction
- Versatile talents
- The production management job in the workplace is often referred to as the "flower" of the factory. This is because it is a job that requires knowledge of all departments within the factory, not just direct product manufacturing. Tasks such as quality (certification and product quality), logistics (raw materials, delivery times), personnel (attendance, training, OJT), processes (equipment improvement, trouble shooting, standard management), and environment/safety (risk assessment, safety education) are performed. Communication with headquarters in areas such as sales, marketing, and trade teams is also directly managed.
- Engineering knowledge
- Food factories are also plants. Even in tasks such as production schedules, product quality, and material management, there are often cases where people cannot even begin without knowledge of equipment. Basic knowledge of machinery/electricity/instrumentation is considered to be not only recommended, but a necessary skillset. If you have knowledge of equipment aspects as a competency, it can be of great help in understanding work in the field and even offer a competitive edge.
- Negotiation skills and interpersonal relationships
- As part of the nature of production management, tasks are carried out through collaboration with various departments such as quality, sales, research, logistics, and production workers. Even if you work well alone, you cannot achieve results without collaboration in this job. Smooth interpersonal relationships and experiences in collaboration and negotiation are very helpful in performing the job.
Ensuring the achievement of production goals established through production management, schedule management, process management, and material management.
Samyang Corp. Ulsan Plant 2 Specialty Production Team, Staff
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- The people in charge of production process are responsible for achieving production goals established through tasks such as production management, scheduling management, process management, materials management, and safety management. Their duties also include analyzing and executing the results of achieving production goals. The work is broadly classified into production/quality management, material management, process management, personnel management, and environmental/safety management. The purpose of this work is to perform the corresponding tasks for quality, cost, and delivery goals. In other words, the people in charge of the production process perform various tasks such as personnel, production, quality, logistics, safety, and environment in the field with the goal of reducing costs and improving productivity and quality. These duties serve as a point of connection with other departments and the center of the plant.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- Production management tasks are performed not only in the office but also in the field. The ability to analyze and interpret issues and data is most required for production/quality management, which can be the most basic element. In order not to miss data shown in the field, it is absolutely necessary to know about food engineering, and additionally, basic knowledge of machinery/electricity/instrumentation equipment and basic statistical knowledge are very helpful for work. Experience in the field can also be very helpful. If you see and experience the field with your own eyes through field training and internships at an early stage, you will be able to quickly catch on and develop your target production management capabilities. I think experiencing it yourself is a shortcut to rapidly developing skills. In addition, it is recommended to have a lot of experience in collaborating with others and negotiating skills. The experience of being directly exposed to many environments and attracting others' favor will be most effective in filling and developing invisible capabilities.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- This position is related to whom is responsible within the production process maintaining an organic relationship with each department and is responsible for improving productivity as well as maintaining quality. Since we are involved in work with many people, responsibility for work is also one of the most important competencies. If you are not adverse to asking yourself “why” questions, and if solving problems by digging into the end is your aptitude, then we recommend that you take on the challenge of production management without any hesitation.
Samyang Group Production Management Job | Samyang Corp. Ulsan Plant 1 Technical Team
Experience a day in the life of a food group production management expert who manages pleasant and efficient production facilities.