Enhancing a positive image of the company through promotional activities across various media.
Job characteristics and introduction
- Enhancement of the company brand through media, in-house, and online promotion.
- Media promotion is a communication activity that creates a favorable public opinion environment for the company by providing positive information about the company to the media and having it turned into articles. In addition, this activity also involves minimizing the exposure of unfavorable information about the company or sometimes logically advocating the company's position to induce a shift in the direction that is advantageous to the company when shaping public opinion. In-house promotion plays a role in creating a positive internal culture within the company, as well as helping to quickly and accurately deliver information that needs to be shared with the members. Online promotion is an activity that promotes the company through various channels, such as websites and social media, by creating content that fits each channel. Online promotion has the advantage of providing unlimited information compared to traditional media and enabling two-way communication. In addition, the delivery of messages is not limited by time or space.
- Communication Skills
- As collaboration with various related departments within the company and external agencies and media is required, communication skills focused on writing and speaking are the most important.
- Problem-solving skills
- Crisis management skills that can respond quickly and accurately when issues arise, and the ability to make sound judgments in various situations are required.
- Analytical skills
- Even if the subject is the same, PR managers need to have insight to extract news angles from it.
- Writing skills
- Since there are many channels that require expression through writing, such as press releases, statements, speeches, newsletters, etc., logical writing skills are also necessary.
- Ability to read trends.
- By constantly monitoring the market situation, you should be able to learn where your products and services are in the market, what trends are, and what your competitors are doing, and reflect them in your promotion.
Announcing our major strategies and activities that we want to promote to the public within each business sector.
Samyang Holdings Communication Team, Deputy Director
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- The most significant part of my job in terms of workload is external media promotion. I perform PR/promotion activities with external media outlets such as newspapers and broadcasting stations through communication with journalists. PR/promotion activities can be divided into two main categories: one is for creating a positive public opinion, and the other is for managing media risks. To promote our business, we disseminate press releases or plan articles to publicize the important strategies and activities that we want to showcase to the public for each business sector we engage in. To manage media risks, we prepare pre-emptive media messages with each department and respond accordingly before they are reported in the media. We continuously monitor media coverage of our company, such as news articles and broadcasts, and actively express our stance on any negative factors, including any misrepresentations of facts. As Samyang Group's external media promotion covers all affiliate companies and business sectors, even for minor details, the communication channels with media outlets are unified under the Communication team for consistency.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- External media promotion is a job that requires constant communication with media outlets and internal stakeholders, including various levels of personnel and job functions in each business sector of all affiliate companies. Therefore, communication skills are important for establishing good interpersonal relationships and understanding promotional content. Communication skills such as the ability to lead daily/work-related conversations for networking with media outlets, a respectful and polite attitude towards others, and an open mind to listen to diverse opinions are also important for effective communication, not only within the company but also with external stakeholders. In addition, the ability to express ideas in a way that is easy for anyone to understand is also necessary. In many cases, professional terminology or research technology used in each business area can be difficult for the general public or journalists to understand. A member must be able to explain the content they wish to promote in an easy-to-understand manner based on a sufficient understanding of the business. To achieve this, it is necessary to have sufficient communication with each responsible person and tenacious reporting skills. Lastly, the company's media and public relations strategy and direction are closely related not only to the industry or the current status of the company but also to the macroeconomic situation and social atmosphere. Keeping up-to-date with recent societal trends, industry issues, and our own company's current state can be a great help in our work. It's also helpful to read a lot of articles to become familiar with media coverage and broadcast content.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- Media promotion is a very important job that widely publicizes our company and creates a positive image for various stakeholders, including the general public. A single phrase in the media can cause a giant corporation to falter or provide a good opportunity for a struggling startup to gain recognition among the public. A single word or sentence spoken or written by oneself can have a significant impact on the image of the company. As an elite employee who helps create the company's image, please take pride in your work, but never forget to be cautious in your communication with the media.