Developing global markets and generating revenue by selling products.
Job characteristics and introduction
- Global market development & product marketing and sales
- Sales are the most important activity responsible for the overall profit and revenue of the company. It is necessary to coordinate all tasks related to production, transportation, sales, and account receivables by accurately understanding the needs of the customers. Samyang Corp.'s customers are located worldwide, both domestically and internationally, and Samyang Corp. also operates production factories in multiple sites abroad. We collaborate to develop materials that meet the needs of customers worldwide and develop new markets and applications. We need to market newly developed Samyang Corp. specialty products to customers worldwide and, if necessary, collaborate with Samyang Corp.'s overseas subsidiaries to introduce our products to customers.
- Practical knowledge of international trade
- Basic trade-related skills are necessary to proceed with export operations. A fundamental level of knowledge is required to evaluate customers (credit, financial statements), and training within the company can help improve job performance.
- Communication Competence
- As there are many customer meetings and internal/external business discussions, a positive, outgoing, and proactive attitude toward communication is necessary for job progress.
- Global capabilities
- As there is a lot of overseas business, having proficiency in a second language such as English or Chinese can provide more opportunities for gaining experience. Improvement of foreign language skills is also possible through language education provided internally within the company. There are many opportunities to work at overseas subsidiaries of Samyang Corp., so improving foreign language skills is necessary.
Identifying the needs of overseas customers and developing overseas markets through customized responses.
Samyang Corp. AM Sales, Deputy General Manager
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- I am in charge of overseas market development within the business unit. We discover target customers and product groups by region and promote our products. We introduce Samyang Corp.'s specialty materials and develop materials suitable for products in collaboration with customers. We work with Samyang Corp.'s overseas subsidiaries (Shanghai, Vietnam, Hungary) to identify the needs of overseas customers and engage in activities to expand sales through customized responses (sharing success stories and market research data).
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- It is important to continuously acquire information on global industry trends and show interest in and study the characteristics of the materials that customers need. It is necessary to understand the trends that are leading the industry such as eco-friendliness, electric vehicles, portable, and secondary batteries, as well as the supply chain of the industry's components. In order to persuade overseas customers and help them understand the strengths and weaknesses of our products, knowledge of the product's applications and proficiency in a second foreign language are necessary.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- I worked and lived in Hanoi, Vietnam from 2014 to 2019. During my stay, I met many clients and learned about my weaknesses. I also learned about how we can better prepare ourselves for more effective sales and marketing. If junior colleagues learn their job well from senior colleagues and hone their skills, they will have the opportunity to expand the market globally and promote Samyang's products and brand more widely. In addition, I believe that you can become a great Samyang employee with insights not only for simple sales but also for running a business as a global businessman.