Analyzing the current status of each chemical business unit and establishing and executing customized strategies according to the situation.
Job characteristics and introduction
- In-house consulting firm for the Chemical Group's business units
Its role is to analyze the current status of each business unit within the Chemical Group and provide tailored long- and short-term growth strategies. We establish and execute customized strategies according to the situation, ranging from short-term growth strategies such as expanding the application of our core products or exploring/entering related new businesses to discovering unrelated new businesses to secure new growth drivers for the organization.
· Exploration of new businesses through market research and competitive environment analysis
· Business feasibility review (item/business attractiveness analysis, business viability review)
· Development of entry strategy for new business (marketing strategy, pricing policy, customer strategy)
- Logical thinking ability
- Logical thinking ability is needed to conduct market research and competitive environment analysis and to derive solutions for challenges based on this analysis. To perform this task well, an understanding of accounting and marketing is necessary.
- Communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in a foreign language and to logically convey and persuade others to lead internal discussions is necessary.
- The ability to learn on one's own
- As there is no standardized education system/course for various types of work, the ability to have curiosity and think and learn on one's own is necessary.
Developing and executing marketing strategies related to various materials in the chemical group.
Samyang Corp. Chemical Marketing PU, Assistant Manager
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- There are routine, standardized tasks, as well as lots of dynamic project-based tasks. Routine tasks include developing STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) and 4P (Product, Price, Place, Promotion) strategies for marketing, as well as new product development, exploring new markets, etc. For specific items or businesses, project-based tasks such as market research, value chain analysis, and business model development may also be required. To perform this job, frequent communication with many stakeholders within the organization is required. Therefore, our foreign consultant often expresses the role of marketing as "earning a seat at the table with other functions, e.g., sales, technology, production management.”
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- As much as the diverse material portfolio of Samyang Corporation's chemical group, there is no mandatory field of study or education as various tasks are performed. The ability to think deeply and logically about the given task is required, and objective and logical analytical skills are demanded in the market. As most of the tasks are not structured, it is necessary to communicate with internal customers (current business units/R&D) frequently to set the direction of the work. Therefore, the ability to communicate flexibly is important. In addition, the ability to find and study what is needed on their own is also important.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- There are many cases where they are in charge of projects related to the responsible business unit/item, so there is a high degree of autonomy in the work. Since your opinion is the direction of the work in the project that you lead, there are some parts where you need to show the corresponding performance and take responsibility when it does not work well. Due to the nature of the chemical industry, there are opportunities to learn various fields from traditional petrochemicals to advanced batteries and semiconductors, and it is a job where you can gain diverse experiences from developing marketing strategies to executing them. We look forward to receiving many applications.